Compiling dcmtk for iOSCreated by Alin Brindusescu on 2012-06-04 11:50:15
The best open source option, on my opinion, for handling dicom files is the Dcmtk library.
Here are the steps i have followed in order to compile dctmk for iOS:
- get the sources from the dcmtk repository:
# git clone http://github.com/commontk/DCMTK DCMTKI had some problems to compile the dcmtk-3.6.0 release sources but everything went fine with the development sources. Since most of the time I could not reproduce the results of a tutorial most of the time because I could not find the exact packages here are the sources I have used.
- Configure the project using cmake
- Build for testing for mac
- Go to project Build Settings and change the base SDK to Latest iOS
- In the build settings change also the architecture to Standard armv7
- In the Xcode find the osconfig.h file and comment the
#define HAVE_LIBC_H 1
Comments: work in progress!